Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Veranda Basics Card Workshop

I am doing a workshop to make these cards tonight - what a learning experience it has been!  You know the old adage measure twice, cut once - well it doesn't just apply to carpentry...  seems it also applies to cutting cardstock.  Lesson learned but the results are quite nice don't you think?  All materials are Close to My Heart with the exception of the flower jewels on the tag.  I did some faux stitching on the square card and I don't think I like it but had to try it out.  The scallops were made using a corner rounder. I found both the card and the how to's at Deneen's blog (you have to scroll down to March 4's entry).  If you go there you will also discover where I messed up on my measurements.  lol   happy scrapping!

2 comments: