Saturday, June 29, 2013

inspirational pocket box mini

has it really been almost a month!!!  time does fly... 
I was inspired to create this mini one night after watching a Prima YouTube video for a mini by Steff Miller although I did not use the Prima papers.  Instead I used leftovers from a Basic Grey layout kit with the Kioshi collection and can you believe I still have enough paper left to make a few cards.  More scraps put to good use!!  The base is made from one piece of cardstock which has a "booklet" attached to the middle and is approximately 4" x 6".   I have used magnets to the keep the top and bottom closed and then also to keep the sides closed when not open.  I embellished it with some of the Kioshi chipboard and stickers and also created flowers using the paper.  A few of the journaling spots and most of the sentiments are from my stash.  The stickpin on the cover is my own. I really quite enjoyed creating the rather "untraditional" booklet which has different sizes of paper tucked here and there, pages that open both to the left and right and a couple of pockets for good measure.  thanks for taking a look and scrap happy...

Front of Mini
   
top/bottom opened up
and then the sides open to show the booklet


some of the inner pages of the booklet
the booklet open to show the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment