Saturday, July 30, 2011

my first guest design spot!!

I am so excited!!!  Today is the launch of my good friend Anne's new challenge blog -  Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge and it gets better...  I am a guest designer - how cool is that!!  I started my layout as per the sketch and instructions (make a layout that tells us about your dream! In your layout incorporate any two of cloud, rainbow, kite, or symbols of your dream – you can use a photo or drawing that is representative of your dream) using paper from Webster's Pages but then got so caught up in the "dream" that I forgot altogether about the sketch and kept right on scrapping...  in the end, it all worked out (I think).  I hope you also enjoy my version...  Please do check out all of the other fabulous layouts at her blog and perhaps you will be inspired to add your own "dream"...   While I haven't used it in this layout, I came across a tutorial for dyeing seam binding in any colour you want on a blog that I love and follow - Creations with Christina - what a really neat and thrifty idea...  scrap happy!

4 comments:

  1. Loving this, Lee!! So cool that we have a similar dream too!! Thanks so very much for your support for the launch of the blog!! Your encouragement and participation is so very appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome L/O Lee, I just love the whole feel of your project. Love the roses and clusters... yummy yummy yummy. Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog! Happy Scrappin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Lee! Soft colours and the flowers go so well with the dream theme. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is gorgeous! Congrats on the guest spot, too! Looks like it is well deserved.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving some love. Glad you are enjoying the freebies!

    ReplyDelete