Friday, July 08, 2011

Mini for Retirement

Doesn't time fly....  I can't believe it has been a couple of weeks since my last post... I found the inspiration for this mini at ScrapookPal's blog and had to try it. It had never occurred to me to use my cricut to cut out envelopes for a mini.  This is for a friend that recently retired after 35 years.  The pages each have a different theme and are meant to be a little thought provoking - Celebrate, Treasure, Create, Happiness, Dreams and Delight.  All of the papers are from a Martha Stewart collection which makes it easier to pull everything together. The flowers on the cover and the green flower were made by me... all other embellishments (love the butterflies) are just from my stash.  I did use some Clear Creations from Making Memories which I had bought on clearance and am now glad that I did.  I also used magnetic snaps from Basic Grey to close each envelope - they are so strong that they also keep the pages together.  The pictures show, in order top to bottom, - the album, fronts, backs, inside tags and tags from the outside.  I really love the challenge of doing up a mini and am hoping the process gets easier with practice.  happy scrapping!




1 comment:

  1. Lee - this is freaking gorgeous. The hours you must have spent on this .. awesome work girl, really awesome work.

    ReplyDelete